So first off, I want to say I feel absolutely terrible that I had every intention to pick up where I left off on this blog a long long time ago, I even said I would and then some how felt out of touch with it. I think mostly because I felt like there wasn’t much to really post about and I was still in a place where I was recovering internally with all the changes going on in my life. Oh well, that’s all in the past now and I feel like I’m in a much more exciting chapter in my life (not that the last few weren’t eventful but at least things feel like they’re in the upward direction). Anywho, I guess I owe you a quick recap, so here we go…
Gosh, where do I begin? Well I left off with my last post being November 5th of 2015… which sadly has been just a few days short of an entire year! It was amazing coming back to the blog and seeing messages sent to me with well wishes and hopes that things are well, and I can’t thank those of you who have actually stuck around for those kind words!
I’m not entirely sure what the best method of summarizing an entire year’s worth of events is, so I’m going to put it all in a bulleted list with notes just to make it easy for both you and I (haha):
- I’m a Jeep owner now – I said bye to my beloved mini-truck (the CR-V) and bought a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I had been wanting one for so long and I was surprised I finally took the plunge since I had the hardest time letting go of the car that has been nothing but trusted and loved over the years and had taken me on a hundred and one amazing adventures. Mini-truck is still alive and well though! She’s just living a new life with my uncle 🙂
- I visited Toronto – This wasn’t a first time trip, it had just been several years (many years) since I had last gone to Toronto and this time was for a wonderful event. My cousin had a beautiful wedding and welcomed a wonderful family to be part of ours. I miss and love all of my family members up there… wish they lived closer.
- Presley’s first sledding adventure – So B and I decided to buy a few sleds and actually take Presley out sledding during one of the big snow storms we had last winter. Needless to say, he absolutely loved it! He rode down the hill in my lap on the sled and whenever we got down to the bottom, he would run back up the hill and smile at us from the top waiting for his next trip down! Definitely bringing him sledding again this winter (crossing my fingers it snows… a lot).
- Our amazing friends Nahem & Jeni Got Married! – Surprise wedding. We had no idea it was happening… well we had a small idea but it was definitely a treat. Just wished I wore fancier shoes… Jeni looked absolutely stunning, Nahem was so so so in love with her and it was an evening with friends, whiskey and the room was filled with so much happiness and love.
- Bought my first REAL espresso machine – It was life changing. Now we officially have a coffee bar.
- I left a job for my own sanity – A lot of people who know me, know that I’m extremely hardworking and driven when it comes to my work-life. So much that in this case, I actually let it consume a lot of my life, energy and happiness. I cannot stress how much I loved the team I worked with and how they were one of the most, if not THE most close knit group of talented and caring people I’ve ever had the privilege to work with. Unfortunately, the job itself was taking a toll on my physical and emotional health and so after lots of pondering and plenty of helpful conversations with loved ones, I decided to take the jump and close the year out with my departure.
- Ok, so its 2016 now! I started a new job – For the next 9 months of this year I have been pretty happy with work. Pretty easy work-life balance… but the contract ended and I decided to go my own way afterwards for personal reasons. I’ve been contracting and taking a mini holiday to myself and so far I couldn’t be happier.
- Back to earlier this year, B and I are homeowners now! – So we bought our first townhouse. Oooo Exciting! No more renting, landlords, etc. Its ours!!!
- Presley turned 6! – Before our official move, our little pug turned 6 years old! Time flies!
- Packed up the rental house and moved into the new townhouse – No matter how much I try to organize before moves, they never really go as planned. We were ultra happy though once we were fully settled in.
- We went to the Cayman Islands (again) – We go here a lot for vacation when we want to get away usually when flights are at a good price. Its great now that we have friends out there when we visit and our favorite places we like to frequent… we needed a little break from work, the move, etc.. so this was our little mini-holiday.
- I had rainbow unicorn hair – For a short period of time… a few weeks… but it was amazing while it lasted. Thank you so much to my beautiful friend, the insanely talented Ash Fortis of XoHairStudio!
- Pugs take DC – we attended our first massive pug meet-up and made so many new friends up and down the east coast! Now we’re part of an official pug community/network!
- Rachel and Ian got married! – My best friend (since middle school.. crazy huh) and her amazing dude got married in NYC and I had the privilege of being her maid of honor. I couldn’t be happier for this couple. Seriously. Best. I also made a new friend from Canada that I’m hoping we can plan some more hangouts with in the future with Rachel. Love those girls!
- Saw Mayer Hawthorne @ 930 club – I was feeling pretty down and B, being the amazing boyfriend that he is, bought some tickets last minute and picked me up after work and took me to a show.
- Fourth of July party at our house – Crazy we can say that now… the fourth of july party we had this year was actually a huge success, and so was my 6 layer red white and blue happy birthday America cake HAHA
- We refaced the dining table and the kitchen – I’ll do an entire post on just this and explain this in more detail later, I promise.
- Saw Broods @ 930 club – I absolutely love this band. You might too, check them out!
- Lakehouse in New Hampshire – Long roadtrip up to New Hampshire with B and Presley to hang out at a lakehouse with B’s cousins for a weekend. It was gorgeous, the weather was perfect, and of course Pres was the resident party-pug for the weekend!
- Ran ANOTHER Spartan Race – I love these things… we can’t wait to run more next year!
- Beachhouse in OBX, North Carolina – Beach house trip to celebrate B’s 30th birthday. Success! I’ll have a post about this too later (including one on the lakehouse trip) so I can show you some great videos that B’s brother put together.
- Pugs Take NYC – Omg busiest 3 day weekend in NYC and it was for a pug fest! Presley was amongst his people haha. We had a blast. I’ll post more on this as well!
- Apple Picking – Its an annual tradition that B and I have to take Presley apple picking every fall. This fall was no exception. We came home with way more apples that we should have… as usual. Post on this coming soon also because I have a few cute pictures of Presley haha (but then again when do I not)
- Taste of Georgetown – My friend M and I have been trying to hang more now that we’re living a little farther away from each other. This was one of the fun filled events we attended recently. It was pretty much an entire day in Georgetown filled with food from the event, wine, sweets, shopping and maybe a stop into jinxproof for a hot second.
Annnd that brings us up to speed with the past year’s events. Last week we did a small hiking trip and if the weather permits, this weekend will be filled with halloween fun and some outdoor adventures as well, especially now that we have an annual pass to Shenandoah, adventures will be happening on a more frequent basis. Sorry it was a lot to read. If you made it this far, thanks!!! If not or you skipped through a good chunk of it, I don’t blame you haha. Anywho, more posts soon!