I’ve been trying so hard to stick to this whole paleo thing before my trip… so far so good. My once a week cheat days haven’t even been that bad, and I’ve been noticing all of the bloat and a couple of pounds gone already. Anywho, keep reading to check out the recipe to this ultra delicious, guilt-free smoothie that will keep your tummy happy as well as your sweet tooth… unless you hate fruit… in that case, hopefully my next post is more appealing <3
Triple Berry Protein Matcha Smoothie
1 Cup of Almond Milk (I used unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk but any one will do)
1/3 Cup of Frozen/Fresh Strawberries (I used frozen berries)
1/3 Cup of Frozen/Fresh Blackberries
1/3 Cup of Frozen/Fresh Raspberries
2 Tablespoons of your favourite Protien Powder (I used Chocolate in mine… Probably should have used Vanilla though hehe)
1 Teaspoon of Matcha Booster or 1/2 Teaspoon of Pure Matcha powder (I used Matcha Booster and reserve my pure matcha for teas)
Fresh Blueberries and Strawberries for cuteness, and to add to the fun. (You can add the blueberries to the blender if you’d like)
1. Put all of the berries (Minus the berries for the topping) into the blender
2. Scoop in your protein powder and matcha booster
3. Pour the almond milk over the ingredients into the blender
4. Cover blender and blend (Add more almond milk if needed to get to the desired consistency)
5. Pour into a glass, top with fresh berries and enjoy!
If you’re not doing the paleo thing, blend this with a thicker consistency (less almond milk), add granola, sliced bananas, fresh berries and it makes for a great summertime (oatmeal replacement) breakfast!