A few DC blogger events ago, I met Saumya of Myriad Musings and since the Blogger Scene Party, we’ve kept in touch via social media. Recently, Saumya invited me to do a collaboration for her blog’s Trend Trotting Thursdays series. When she told me ‘Leather’ was the trend theme, I couldn’t pass it up 🙂 Keep reading to see more photos of my Leather themed outfit and check out Saumya’s blog to see the original collaboration post!
- Green Slouchy Beenie Hat – H&M
- Leather Balfern Jacket -All Saints (Exact Jacket HERE)
- Stacklace Necklace – Bowties and Caviar
- White Loose Basic Tank – H&M
- Plaid Flannel Shirt – Mossimo
- Leather-look Leggings – Hue
- Backpack Purse Mini Kanken – Fjallraven (Shop HERE)
- Buckle Pantha Ankle Boots – Steve Madden (Shop HERE)
- Oversized Two Toned Camille Watch – Michael Kors
Bowties and Caviar
1. Leather doesn’t always have to be boyish. Styling a tough leather item with girly pieces can soften the look at the same time add a little edge to your outfit. Try throwing a leather biker jacket over a pretty dress and roll up the sleeves instead of wearing a blazer or cardigan over it or wearing bold leather shoes with cuffed pants and a feminine top!
2. Afraid to take the dive into full on leather? Leather accessories can go a long way! Pairing leather bracelets with a plain white top and jeans can add a little bit of edginess to your look.