Traveling is in my top 5 list of my favourite things to do. Having traveled all over and survived gauntlets of airport crowds and security, I’ve streamlined my carry-on purse to just the essentials for happy flying. Here’s what I’ve got in my bag today for my trip!
I usually try to avoid checking in luggage. Packing all of my things in a carry-on luggage makes travel so much easier and efficient. I thought about doing a post on my luggage but that didn’t feel necessary, but in the photo above, I’ve laid out the contents of my purse so you can see what I take with me every time I fly.
1. The usual suspects for international travel include my passport, my wallet with cards, cash, ID, insurance card and emergency information.
2. A small make-up pouch: I got this pouch from my sister. She received it in an Ipsy package and since subscribing has quite the collection of pouches in a box. As for the contents. I never fly with a full face of make-up on because 1. I can’t be bothered and 2. In airport and plane environments, its best to put on a good moisturizer before you go and just let your skin breathe. In my pouch I only carry a few essentials. My powder compact (mostly for the mirror, but for when I reach my destination to cover up any shine and redness if needed), my lip moisturizer (this one is my Eve Lom Kiss Mix Lip treatment, its the best! You can find it HERE) my Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Roller ball perfume (this came with my full-sized bottle of perfume. Its the perfect travel size and its light enough that it can help you feel refreshed and smelling pretty without giving those sitting around you a headache), eye drops since I usually wear contacts, and my tiny misting can of Avéne Thermal Spring Water spray (this is great for refreshing and waking your skin up after sitting in airports and the dry air on the plane. I’ve found that Avéne is a little more soothing than other misting sprays. You can get a can HERE) Oh yea, and my Yes To Carrots Gentle Cleansing Wipes! I always have a small pack of facial wipes in my bag when traveling. This particular pouch was a lovely gift from Refinery 29 and Yes To Carrots! So excited to be taking this on my flight with me.
3. Noise Canceling Headphones: I can’t stress enough how important these are to me when traveling. They’re great. They keep the droning sounds of the airplane out, they block out all other noises surrounding you, and helps keep you sane on long flights.
4. Phone Portable Charging Battery : This one is by Jackery. There are many great portable battery chargers for phones on the market, I’d say any of them will do. I haven’t needed to use mine much in the past since purchasing it but it does come in handy on long destinations.
5. My Camera: No explanation necessary 🙂
6. Sunglasses: because everyone should always have a pair handy.
7. My phone(s): On normal trips I usually only take my primary phone but when I’m on adventures that take me out of the country, I bring an unlocked phone to use when I reach my destination. Its good to have these handy rather than leaving them in the depths of you luggage because once you arrive at your destination, the last thing you want to do is rifle through your bags before you’ve even left the airport.
And there you have it! Now you know what’s in my purse today 😀 What are your travel essentials that you bring in your purse?