It’s kind of a late re-cap. On February 17th, Presley turned 4 years old! Time’s flown by since the day I first took him home. He’s grown so much and in the past 2 years, has grown out of being a puppy and is a big boy now! He’s learned so many things, made so many friends, not just here but all over the world. From pug pals all over the country to his lovely pug friend across the pond in England whom he exchanges holiday gifts with, he’s quite the little man.
First of all, no birthday is complete without a birthday cake and candles to make wishes upon! Here’s Presley’s birthday pupcake. I tried this recipe with him for his 3rd birthday. It was such a success that I made it again for his 4th birthday. It’s super easy to make. Here’s the recipe for anyone looking to bake a special treat for their fur-babies:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter (natural, lower-sugar varieties are recommended)
- 2/3 cup of pure pumpkin puree; these usually come in a can (do not use pumpkin pie mix because those contain sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 2/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- Mix all cake ingredients.
- Flour or grease a small baking pan. (Small loaf pans, small rounds, or cupcake/muffin pans will all work)
- Bake at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit) for about 15- 2o mins or until a toothpick/fork comes out clean.
- Let cool
- Mix frosting ingredients
- Frost once cakes are completely cooled
- Serve to the pups!
I’m sure he was wishing for plenty of biscuits, belly rubs and toys!
Lots of presents were in order as well! I forgot to take a photo of all of his birthday presents. He received a bunch of bacon flavoured and peanut butter flavoured treats, a “Lucky” green care bear toy, pug placemat, pug pillow and a new nylabone chew toy.
After cake, presents, cuddles and playtime with his new presents was all over, it was time for a nap on the couch with a cozy blanket by the fire.
Happy 4th Birthday Presley Pug!!! <3