For the past year and a half, actually closer to if not, 2 years, I’ve been wearing my Reebok running shoes. Now, while they’re still in decent shape and have proven to be great shoes at my kickboxing classes and in the gym, I wanted to find lighter shoes that provided me with more movement and felt less like actually ‘wearing’ shoes. So, off I went to go sneaker shopping!
I had been curious to try a minimal pair of sneakers because of all of the comfort and freedom a lot of people have been raving about. Some of my best friends (theglossier and handcraftedinva) have had only good things to say about them when I asked.
After trying on several pairs, taking test ‘jogs’ around the store and through the aisles, i decided the 5.0’s were the best choice for me to start out on. The 3.0’s were really nice and super flexible but I figured I should start out slow and work towards that.
And here they are:
I’m not gonna lie… part of the reason why I fell in love with these was the blue-ish gray colour but the comfort is amazing. They’re super light, super flexible, still provide a good amount of support and stability but feel much closer to running without the limitations that most sneakers bring and feel more connected to the ground beneath me.
If you’re interested in a new pair of sneakers and are looking to try something on the more minimal side, I highly recommend these as a great starting point. Oh yea! And they’re Nike + ready as well!
You can find them on Zappos for $100 in a variety of colours. Click the link below 🙂
More Facts from Zappos:
- There isn’t much in life that is free. Why not enjoy a liberating ride on the open road in the newest edition to the iconic Free family, the Free 5.0+ from Nike®!
- Successor to the Free Run 3+, SKU#7925314.
- A neutral runner that merges the strengthening and injury-prevention benefits of barefoot running with the comfort and protection of a shoe.
- Nike+ ready.
- Lightweight, breathable mesh upper.
- Dynamic Flywire at the mid-foot ensures a snug, sock-like fit.
- Lightly padded tongue and collar for enhanced comfort.
- Innersleeve lining envelopes the foot for a great next-to-skin feel.
- Removable, molded foam insole offers light underfoot comfort.
- Phylon midsole with deep flex grooves allows the foot to move more naturally.
- Strategically-placed rubber on the outsole supplies grip and minimal cushioning.