So, here it is. THIS is what was delivered to our house on Friday. THIS is the reason why my boyfriend spent the past 3 days in flannel pajama pants. THIS is the other thing in the house that my boyfriend has been talking to when Presley, myself or his phone aren’t in the room. ‘Xbox’ could either be a great addition to our little family… or the evil mistress I wished never entered my boyfriend’s life haha…
So for those of you who know, my boyfriend, Brendan can’t live without his video games (I’m guessing a lot of other girls/guys can relate). For as long as I’ve known him and since we started dating, it’s always just been a hobby of his to me, which is fine, I have my hobbies and I’m glad he has his, but ever since ‘Xbox’ got delivered, it’s become more than just that.
Here are a few things that I’ve learned in the 3 days since ‘Xbox’ moved in with us:
- It has a blu-ray player. Even though there is ONE blu-ray dvd in our apartment between the two of us, its nice to know that if we ever decide to grow that collection beyond the sole Resident Evil movie hidden amongst the other dvds he has on his shelf, we can do that haha.
- It’s actually aesthetically pleasing. Not that all the other consoles are hideous but the simple lines and black casing looks pretty nice in our living room and is the complete opposite of distracting.
- Finally a piece of technology that listens when you yell at it! Ok I havent seen my boyfriend yell at it (yet) but I do find it kind of neat (and funny at times) that it reacts to voice commands. However, I think the dog is still a little confused when Brendan talks to ‘Xbox’ and not him.
- The environments and game-play are actually pretty fun to watch. Ever play those games where the environments seem really flat and your character is the only one that has any dimension or movement to it? Or those games that have the really great cinematic moments and then when you go back to actually playing, your character is diminished to a pixellated figure with as much movement as a plastic action figure?(I remember this like it were yesterday when I was in love with playing the Final Fantasy games) Clearly we’ve come a long way. This is great for me, watching Brendan play games is actually kind of entertaining.
- The shape of the controller is pretty comfortable to hold. Although, I have yet to test this over a longer period of time. Seeing as Brendan can play for hours on end, I’m going to assume it is.
- The kinect is pretty neat, along with the voice commands and what not, it’s pretty spot on with the facial recognition. It makes me giggle when ‘Xbox’ says hello to me when I walk into the room and sit down.
- The Smartglass feature is pretty impressive. I still don’t know too much about this but it was interesting seeing things like maps, progress and what not in realtime on Brendan’s computer as he was playing.
- You can use it for more than just games. Skype, YouTube, Movie and Tv Streaming, etc…and it makes moving from one application to another seem effortless.
I haven’t gotten around to actually playing anything yet, but Brendan made me my very own gamertag: BowtiesNCaviar !
I’m thinking about giving the Lego: Marvel Superheroes game a go real soon. Who knows, maybe I’ll actually like playing other games. Perhaps even ones that aren’t “super cute”.
I’ll post more stuff as I learn more things and let you know what I get into real soon!
(extra bonus points. xbox’s official instagram ‘liked’ my instagram post haha)